The University of Minnesota
has partnered with Foster Klima and Guardian¹
to provide Long-Term Disability Insurance
to eligible AHC Students, Residents, Fellows, and Interns.
Why do i need Disability Insurance?
More than one in four of today’s 20-year-olds can expect to be out of work for at least a year because of a disabling condition before they reach the normal retirement age2.
That's why the University of Minnesota enrolls all residents, fellows, interns, and AHC students.
As a Resident, Fellow or Intern, if you become disabled during your time at the University of Minnesota, Short-Term and Long-Term Disability Insurance Plans offer a monthly disability payment.
As an AHC Student, disability insurance helps protect you if you have an injury or medical condition that creates a long-term limitation on your ability to be a full-time student.
- 2,130 students, residents, and interns have taken advantage of this program.3
- Guardian has paid $1,687,470 in group long term and short term disability claims for the University of Minnesota residents and fellows.
- Guardian has paid University of Minnesota residents and fellows $871,463 in individual disability benefits from personally owned policies put in place as a result of this program.
During your time at the University of Minnesota, you're enrolled in group disability coverage through The Guardian Life Insurance Company of America (Guardian), to help protect your future.
with you in mind.
We've worked with the University of Minnesota to customize Disability Insurance Plans with monthly benefit and policy features specialized for medical professionals, with optional riders available.
All the tools
you need to succeed.
While you can't predict the unexpected, you can prepare. We're here to help you.
For more info on your group coverage plan: AHC Students , Residents, Fellow & Interns
1.Individual disability income products underwritten and issued by Berkshire Life Insurance Company of American (BLICOA), Pittsfield, MA. BLICOA is a wholly owned stock subsidiary of and administrator for The Guardian Life Insurance Company of America (Guardian), New York, NY or provided by Guardian. Product provisions and availability may vary by state. Optional riders are available for an additional premium.
2. Disabilitycanhappen.org, https://disabilitycanhappen.org/disability-statistic/, as stated by the Social Security Administration, https://www.ssa.gov/disabilityfacts/facts.html
3. Bulleted statistics provided by Guardian Internal Reporting as of 12/22.