Coverage Designed with You in Mind
As a completing Veterinary Resident or intern, you may obtain a monthly benefit up to $3,000 per month of individual disability coverage1.
Individual disability insurance coverage with Berkshire Life Insurance Company of America, a Guardian company, is on a Guaranteed Standard Issue basis:
- No medical underwriting required
- True Own Occupation Definition of Disability
- Benefit period to age 67
- Up to a 20% permanent discount1
Optional riders include:
- Enhanced Partial Disability Rider along with a Recovery Benefit to match your benefit period (to age 65, 67, or 70)
- Student Loan Protection Rider up to $2,0002
Contact your University Endorsed Agent:
1 20% permanent consists of a 10% mental and/or substance-related disorders limitation along with a 10% Student/Resident discount (one must apply within 60 days of completing your program to receive)
2 The Rider provides coverage for a period of 10 to 15 years from the Policy Date. When a qualifying total disability occurs, benefits are only payable during the remaining portion of the 10- or 15- year term that has not elapsed when the disability begins.