Fully Underwritten plan
Coverage is available on a fully underwritten basis and is based on your income and any group benefits with your current employer.
Optional policy features:
- True Own-Occupation Definition of Disability
- Enhanced Partial Disability Benefit rider along with a Recovery Benefit to match your chosen benefit period (to age 65, 67, or 70)
- A 3% or 6% Cost of Living Adjustment Rider1
- Enhanced Catastrophic Disability Benefit Rider
- Retirement Protection Plus Disability Benefit Rider
- Future Increase Option Rider2
- Student Loan Protection Rider up to $2,0003
Conversion Privilege plan
(Dependent upon known medical history or underwriting outcome)
As a public health student, one has the ability to obtain up to $1,000 per month of Guardian Group Trust coverage, upon graduation.
Individual disability insurance coverage with Guardian is on a Guaranteed Standard Issue basis:
- No medical underwriting required
- True Own-Occupation with Specialty Language
- Benefit period to Social Security Normal Retirement Age
Optional benefits (with added premium) include:
- Partial Disability Benefit Rider
Contact your University Endorsed Agent:
1 This benefit is not necessarily protection against increases in the cost of living.
2 Conditions and limitations apply. Medical information is not required when applying to exercise an increase option. Taken into consideration are: financial information as well as all disability insurance in force, for which you’ve applied, or are eligible to receive.
3 The Rider provides coverage for a period of 10 to 15 years from the Policy Date. When a qualifying total disability occurs, benefits are only payable during the remaining portion of the 10- or 15- year term that has not elapsed when the disability begins.