Medical Residents & Fellows
Coverage Designed with You in Mind
As a Medical Resident or Fellow, you may obtain a monthly benefit up to $10,000 per month of individual disability coverage1. The amount of the maximum monthly benefit will depend on your specialty.
Individual disability insurance coverage with Berkshire Life Insurance Company of America, a Guardian company is on a Guaranteed Standard Issue basis:
- No medical underwriting required
- Definition of Total Disability: Enhanced Medical True Own-Occupation Definition
- Benefit period to age 67
- Up to a 30% permanent discount2
Optional riders include:
- Partial Disability Rider along with a Recovery Benefit to match your benefit period (to age 65, 67, 70 or for your Lifetime)
- Cost of Living Adjustment Rider
- Retirement Protection Plus (RPP) Disability Rider
- Enhanced Catastrophic Disability Benefit Rider
- Future Increase Option Rider
- Guardian's exclusive Student Loan Protection Rider3
More choices to meet your needs:
- Up to $1,000,000 of life insurance with simplified underwriting
Contact your University Endorsed Agent:
1 The maximum monthly benefit amount may not exceed Guardian's New Young Professionals Limit at that time. The remainder of the amount you're eligible for up to $10,000 can be allocated between the Student Loan Rider and the Future Increase Rider.
2 30% discount consists of a 10% mental and/or substance-related disorders limitation, a 10% Student/Resident Discount (one must apply within 60 days of completing your program to receive) and a Preferred Occupation Discount.
3 Eligibility may vary by product, state and/or occupation.