Coverage Designed with You in Mind
As a Dental Resident, you may obtain a monthly benefit up to $3,000 per month of individual disability coverage1.
Individual disability insurance coverage with Berkshire Life Insurance Company of America, a Guardian company is on a Guaranteed Standard Issue basis:
- No medical underwriting required
- Definition of Total Disability: True Own-Occupation with specialty language
- Benefit period to age 65
- Up to a 20% permanent discount2
Optional riders include:
- Enhanced Partial Disability Rider along with a Recovery Benefit to match your benefit period (to age 65 or 67)
- Retirement Protection Plus (RPP) Disability Rider3
- Enhanced Catastrophic Disability Benefit Rider
- Future Increase Option Rider4
- Student Loan Protection Rider5
Contact your University Endorsed Agent:
1 Higher limits and additional optional benefits available with full underwriting and for additional premium
2 20% discount contains a 10% mental nervous and/or substance-related disorders limitation (on all conversion policies) and a 10% Student/Resident Discount (one must apply within 90 days of completing your program to receive)
3 Retirement Protection Plus is not a pension plan, qualified retirement plan, or qualified individual retirement account or a substitute for one.
4 Conditions and limitations apply. Medical information is not required when applying to exercise an increase option. Taken into consideration are: financial information as well as all disability insurance in force, for which you’ve applied, or are eligible to receive.
5 The Rider provides coverage for a period of 10 to 15 years from the Policy Date. When a qualifying total disability occurs, benefits are only payable during the remaining portion of the 10- or 15- year term that has not elapsed when the disability begins.