Nurse Practitioner Students
Fully Underwritten Plan
As a graduating Nurse Practitioner Student, you may obtain a monthly benefit up to $2,000 per month, another $2,000 per month (over and above your monthly benefit) to cover your student loans, and up to $4,000 per month of Future Increase Option.
Optional policy features:
- True Own-Occupation Definition of Disability
- Enhanced Partial Disability Rider along with a Recovery Benefit to your chosen benefit period (to age 65, 67, or 70)
- A 3% or 6% Cost of Living Adjustment Rider1
- Enhanced Catastrophic Disability Benefit Rider
- A Lump Sum Disability Benefit Rider2
- Future Increase Option up to $4,000 as stated above3
- Student Loan Protection Rider up to $2,000 as stated above4
- 10% permanent Student/Resident Discount (available up to 90 days post graduation)
Conversion Privilege Plan
(Dependent upon known medical history or underwriting outcome)
As a graduating Nurse Practitioner student, you have the ability to obtain up to $1,000 per month of individual disability coverage upon graduation (window of eligibility is 60 days pre and 60 days post graduation).
Individual disability insurance coverage with Guardian is on a Guaranteed Standard Issue basis:
- No medical underwriting required
- True Own-Occupation with Specialty Language
- Benefit period to age 65
- 10% permanent discount5
Optional riders include:
- Enhanced Partial Disability Rider along with a Recovery Benefit to age 65
Contact your University Endorsed Agent:
1 This benefit is not necessarily protection against increases in the cost of living.
2 This publication is provided for informational purposes only and should not be considered tax or legal advice. Please contact your tax or legal advisor regarding the tax treatment of the policy and policy benefits and your particular set of facts and circumstances.
3 Conditions and limitations apply. Medical information is not required when applying to exercise an increase option. Taken into consideration are: financial information as well as all disability insurance in force, for which you’ve applied, or are eligible to receive.
4 The Rider provides coverage for a period of 10 to 15 years from the Policy Date. When a qualifying total disability occurs, benefits are only payable during the remaining portion of the 10- or 15- year term that has not elapsed when the disability begins.
5 10% discount applies as there is a 24 month mental nervous and/or substance-related disorders limitation on the policy